CLAREMONT COMMUNITY: If you are interested in enrolling your student in our STEAM-based After-School All-Stars program at Claremont during the 2017-18 school year, please plan to attend the appropriate Family Registration Night this spring. Attendance is mandatory for enrollment.
- Returners Registration (Rising 7th & 8th Graders)
Thursday, May 25, 2017 | 6-7 p.m. in the Claremont Middle School Cafeteria
- New Student Registration (Rising 6th Graders)
Thursday, June 1, 2017 | 6-7 p.m. in the Claremont Middle School Gym
- Click to download the prgram flyer »
After-School All-Stars offers STEAM-based, early work-force development courses to expose youth to skill-building opportunities that fuel their passions including:
- Makerspace : Fabrication & Design Lab
- Pro Arts: 2D & 3D Art Studio
- Martial Arts: Jiu Jitsu
- Permaculture: Sustainable Design Course
- Culinary Arts: Introductory Farm-To-Table Cooking
- Junior Oakland Raiders: Intermural Sports
- Qualifies for Free/Reduced Lunch
- Attend a minimum of 3 days per week from 3:25 to 5:30 p.m.
DON’T QUALIFY? DONATION-BASED SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE
Families that don’t qualify for Free/Reduced lunch can apply for one of our 20 donation-based spots for the entire year. See details below:
After-School Programming in OUSD is funded by the California ASES Grant, requiring funding to support programming for Free/Reduced Lunch Recipients. For families who do not qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch, we are fortunate to offer services to 20 students at a tax-deductible rate of $2,300/year. Your donation allows us to provide services for your student three days per week.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR DONATION-BASED SERVICES:
- Does not qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch
- Commitment maximum of three days per week
- Initial payment of $1,150 must be submitted by June 30th, 2017 to reserve your spot ( Initial Payment will be non-refundable as funds will be used to hire beginning in July)
- Final payment of $1,150 must be submitted by August 4th, 2017 to begin
- Slots will be filled on a first-come first serve basis with preference to 6th Grade families
INTERESTED IN ENROLLING?
- Attend the appropriate Family Registration Night
- Fill Out the “Donation-Based Programming Application”
Families will be notified of their students’ conditional enrollment into the donation-based program on Thursday, June 8, and will be prompted to submit initial payment by Friday, June 30.
QUESTIONS? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org