Hello, Claremont families! Registration is set for Aug. 6 and 7, and is mandatory for all students in order to secure their enrollment.
- 6th Grade: Monday, Aug. 6, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 7th & 8th Grades: Tuesday, Aug. 7, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
You must be inside the gym by 3 p.m. to complete your registration. Enter through the Miles Avenue gate.
Make-Up Registration: If you cannot attend registration on either Aug. 6 or 7, you MUST CONTACT Ms. Anderson in the office (Edana.Anderson@ousd.org). You will then have two options:
- Schedule an appointment for make-up registration on Aug. 9 between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. (our preferred method) or
- Let Ms. Anderson know that you will register at school on Aug. 13 at 8 a.m.
Parents who do not register on the scheduled days or notify Ms. Anderson about late registration in advance risk losing their student’s enrollment at Claremont.
If my student is out of town, may I register for him/her?
Yes. Come on his/her assigned day and follow the process.
If I am out of town, may my student register without me?
No. Please email Edana.Anderson@ousd.org for an appointment.
I have multiple students. May I register them on the same day?
Yes. If you have more than one student at Claremont, you may register them on the same day — ideally, on your oldest student’s registration day.
What if we can’t register on our designated day?
If necessary, you may register on the other registration day.
What if we can’t register at all that week — including the Aug. 9 make up day?
Please email Edana.Anderson@ousd.org ASAP to let her know. You will then need to register with your student on Monday, Aug. 13, at 8 a.m.
My student was assigned to Claremont after July 1. What do we need to do?
First, welcome! Second, be sure to bring your paperwork from the Student Welcome Center with you to registration on your assigned day.
Does Claremont have an after-school program?
Claremont is excited to introduce Bay Area Community Resources (BACR) as our new after-school program provider. They will provide an expanded set of classes and there will be a fee-based structure in place for service. See the After-School Program page for more information.
Are we able to tour the school and meet staff during registration?
If teachers and staff are on campus, they will be busy helping with registration, or otherwise getting ready for the school year. However, on Saturday, Aug. 11, teachers and staff will be at the school from 9 a.m. to noon putting the finishing touches on their rooms and would LOVE support and help with getting their rooms set up. This is a great way for you to get to know new and old teachers and staff. If interested, please email our CMS Work Day Coordinator, Sarah firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Volunteers Needed! Please Sign Up
A well-staffed registration is a happy registration! Please sign up here to volunteer a couple of hours of your time to help ensure a smooth and cheerful process for all.
Registration forms — which you’ll be able to fill out electronically, print and bring with you — may be downloaded in multiple languages from the Oakland Technical High School Web site. Forms also will be available at registration. Meal forms must be completed for ALL students, even if you do not qualify or wish to receive free or reduced lunch.
It is the law that all 7th-12th grade students must have the Tdap shot to enter school. No shot, no registration, no school! New students or 7th graders who have not already provided their immunization records must bring a copy to leave at school during registration.
Student Pictures & ID
Photos for purchase — and for the free mandatory school ID — will be taken on Thursday, Aug. 16. Please dress appropriately, making sure to cover all undergarments. No hats or sunglasses are allowed in the photos. Students who do not take a photo on picture day will get their free school IDs shortly after the make-up picture day on Oct. 10.
What to Bring
- Completed, printed and signed registration forms, if you’ve filled them out in advance. (Otherwise you’ll fill them out at registration.)
- A photocopy of immunization records for 7th graders and any new students who have not already submitted them
- A pen. Because there’s always more paperwork!
- Cash, money order (no checks), or credit card for a PE uniform, if you choose to purchase one.
- 6th Grade PE Bundles are $25- (PE Shirt, Shorts, Lock, and Bag), Individual PE uniform pieces $11 each (Shorts or T-Shirt) Limited Supply (7th & 8th graders use PE clothes from previous years, or wear black shorts and a plain white t-shirt)
- Yearbook Pre-Sale- Pre-order your student created, designed, and produced yearbook for $22
- Patience and good humor. Always welcome and appreciated!
What to Expect
Registration is typically most crowded right when doors open. To be safe on the timing-front, please allow at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to go through the registration process, even though it could take less time.
You’ll start at Station #1 where you’ll be handed registration forms (if you haven’t filled them out already) and a card that you must get stamped as you move from table to table.
Students will receive their class schedules on the first day of school during 1st period. 1st period classes for all students will be posted on the exterior walls of the gym
You’ll learn about clubs, programs, sports, after school activities and the Claremont PTA.
- The Knightline: The school e-newsletter — The Knightline — is emailed every Thursday (except holidays) during the school year. We are working to update our distribution list to ensure all new families with email addresses receive this timely publication. You may also sign up for it here on the Web site – look for the box on the upper right that says “Get the CMS email newsletter.”
- Claremontms.org: Regularly check the Claremont Web site, to see an event calendar, news and homework calendars.
- Robocalls: The school sends out automated phone/ email/ and text messages. Please be sure your phone numbers and email addresses are up to date with the office.