Beginning with the 2018-19 school year, CMS has partnered with Bay Area Community Resources (www.bacr.org) for the on-site after-school program. The BACR philosophy about after school programs extends far beyond keeping children safe. We believe in providing a nurturing and enjoyable environment where students can improve their academic, social and emotional skills. We believe in integrating the principles and practices of youth development into all after school activities. We believe it is our responsibility to understand and meet the needs of our students. Student voice is a crucial component of how we customize our programs. We empower youth to lead and succeed.
What we do in our after-school programs:
- STEAM Enrichment Activities
- Physical Fitness
- Academic Enrichment
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Health and Wellness Activities
- College and Career Readiness
- Leadership Classes
- And more….
For more program information, email the BACR Site-Coordinator, Joshua Gause at Jgause@bacr.org.
Before enrollment is completed and your child begins participation in the Claremont After School Program, these three steps must be completed:
- Registration Packet (must be completed in full)
- Enrollment payment (money order, or personal check, or online at www.bacr.org/payments) due before participation can begin. You will also need to provide the following information at time of registration: Previous year’s tx return info or last two check stubs (if requesting financial assistance).
- Attend orientation
DON’T QUALIFY? SCHOLARSHIP-BASED SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE
Families that need additional services can apply for our scholarship spots for the entire year. See details below:
If applying for a scholarship. your family must meet the eligibility requirements. You must be on the free or reduced meals program, verified by the Claremont Middle School office.
Submit proof of income by way of:
- Free or reduced meal program
- 2017 Tax Return (must include all legal guardians)
- 2017 W-2 forms from all legal parents/guardians
- Last two paycheck stubs from all legal parents/guardians
- Proof of benefits (includes current year Free Lunch Waiver for student)
No student will be turned away due to inability to pay.
- Monthly fees must be paid in the form of a check, money order, and automatic bill pay or online
- Make checks/money orders payable to BACR. On memo line, please write in Claremont and your child’s name.
- You may also pay online at www.bacr.org/payments.
Cash will not be accepted. All payments and fees are non-refundable.